CLAIRE EGAN Soprano
New Zealand born soprano Claire Egan, studied at the Cardiff International Academy of Voice and as an English National Opera Opera Works Artist. Claire made her debut as a soloist with the English National Opera in the world premiere of Between Worlds by Tansy Davies. She has also been involved with their productions of Benvenuto Cellini, Otello, Die Meistersingers of Nürnberg and Carmen.
Recent operatic roles performed and covered include:
- Konstanze – Die Entführung aus dem Serail (Garsington Opera)
- Violetta – La Traviata (Theatre an der Wien – Vienna Festival, Austria)
- Violetta – La Traviata (PJ Live Arts Malaysian Tour, Opera UK & Merry Opera)
- Queen of the Night and Pamina – Die Zauberflöte (Hammersmith Studios London)
- Bretonne and Deux Adolescent – La cour de Célimène (Wexford Opera Festival, Ireland)
- Donna Anna – Don Giovanni (Soho Theatre London & Woodhouse Music Festival UK)
- Gilda – Rigoletto (Opera ala Carte UK & Luxembourg)
- Carolina – Il Matrimonio Segreto (Barga Opera Festival, Italy)
Claire was the winner of the 28th Premio Lirico Internazionale Piero Boni competition in Italy, studied as a Solti-Te Kanawa Accademia scholar and with Mirella Freni as part of the Centro Universale del Bel Canto masterclasses. She also undertook the Opera Intensive short course at the National Opera Studio in 2013.
Claire embarked on a career in opera after first appearing in the Australian television series Operatunity Oz’. She is a guitar maker and professional photographer by trade.
EVE LAMBAH, Mezzo Soprano
Eve read music at University of Edinburgh and continued her vocal studies at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. In Cardiff, Eve performed the roles of Mrs Olsen Street Scene, Ottavia Il Coronazione di Poppea and Dryad Ariadne auf Naxos. She also sang as a backing vocalist for the West End star, Peter Karrie Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera on his British tour.
Other operatic roles include Cherubino The Marriage of Figaro, Servilia La Clemenza di Tito, and Third Lady The Magic Flute. Eve has sung for Opera Holland Park for four seasons, making her solo debut in 2004 as Bridesmaid in Le Nozze di Figaro. Oratorio solos include Mozart Requiem, Haydn Stabat Mater, Monteverdi Vespers and Vivaldi Gloria.
As a session singer Eve has sung on film soundtracks including Reign of Fire, Spongebob Squarepants and Hannibal Rising as well as the best-selling classical rock albums Era by Eric Levi and The Wizard and the Forest of Dreams by Rick Wakeman.
Eve has also worked as a vocal animateur for English National Opera Baylis Programme.